Forces of Destiny, the microshort animated TV show, will return with 8 all-new adventures March 19! They’ll debut on the Disney YouTube channel at 12:00 p.m. CST and they’ll air as part of a TV special March 25 at 8:50 p.m. CST. The latest episodes include new stories with Sabine, Hera, Rey, Leia, Maz, Ahsoka, Padmé, Luke, Yoda, and many more. Check out the episode list/descriptions and images below! UPDATE: Check out all 8 episodes now!
Plenty of the actresses and actors who play these roles in films and TV will be returning once again to voice their characters for these episodes, including: Mark Hamill (Luke), Daisy Ridley (Rey), John Boyega (Finn), Lupita Nyong’o (Maz), Kelly Marie Tran (Rose), Tiya Sircar (Sabine), Ashley Eckstein (Ahsoka), Vanessa Marshall (Hera), Catherine Taber (Padmé) and Matt Lanter (Anakin), among others. Here’s the 8 new episodes, per the press release:
- “Hasty Departure” – Hera and Sabine liberate an Imperial shuttle only to find they have unexpected cargo – troopers!
- “Unexpected Company” – Upset when Ahsoka joins a mission set for just he and Padmé, Anakin puts them on a dangerous path. Working alongside the secret couple, Ahsoka helps save the day.
- “Shuttle Shock” – On their approach to Canto Bight, Finn and Rose learn to work together to navigate a pod of dangerous creatures.
- “Jyn’s Trade” – Jyn helps a young thief learn a valuable lesson.
- “Run Rey Run” – While scavenging inside a Star Destroyer, Rey is cornered by competition on the hunt for a valuable part.
- “Bounty Hunted” –Maz Kanata helps Leia, Chewbacca and R2-D2 with a clever plan to free Han from Jabba the Hutt.
- “The Path Ahead” – Training with Master Yoda in the swamps of Dagobah, Luke learns an important lesson.
- “Porg Problems” – Rey has her training interrupted by some very mischievous porgs.
Here are the images:
In the past Forces of Destiny episodes, Maz Kanata has only been in the show as its narrator, telling these tales to us, the audience, but this time she’s actually involved with an episode, “Bounty Hunted.” And even more surprising about her inclusion? It’s that Leia and Maz have actually met in the original trilogy, and she’s somehow tangled up in the plan to help them rescue Han Solo from Jabba in Return of the Jedi! This latest batch also includes The Last Jedi-set content, with Rey training on Ahch-To and some more time spent with Finn and Rose. “The Path Ahead,” where we spend some time with Luke and Yoda on Dagobah, will be the first episode seemingly not set to contain any female characters, despite this series starting off as a female-centric show. And in the unfortunate category, Padmé once again has to be in episode with either Ahsoka, Anakin, or both to be in any episode at all (and ditto goes for the other characters).
Like last time, I expect we’ll see 8 more episodes join these about 2-3 months later; But in the mean time I’ve excited to see this series return, though I do hope they’ve added a tad more substance to the episodes, though I imagine they’ll be enjoyable regardless.
FORCES OF DESTINY REVIEWS:
TV Show Review: The First 16 Episodes
Comic Review: Star Wars Adventures – Forces of Destiny miniseries (#1-5)
Book Reviews by Chris: Daring Adventures (Volume 1) | Daring Adventures (Volume 2) | Tales of Hope & Courage | The Leia Chronicles
Forces of Destiny’s Second Season Drops First 8 Episodes
Forces of Destiny Round Two Starts in October (UPDATED)
A “Bounty of Trouble” Follows Sabine and Leia in Forces of Destiny
Padme and Ahsoka Deal with an Imposter, Jyn Erso Helps the Innocent in Newest Forces of Destiny
Forces of Destiny Pits Leia Against The “Beasts of Echo Base”
Forces of Destiny Puts Ahsoka Tano on “The Padawan Path”
“BB-8 Bandits” and “Ewok Escape” Continue the Forces of Destiny Shorts
Forces of Destiny Starts on the “Sands of Jakku”
Forces of Destiny Premieres July 3 on YouTube
Heroines of Star Wars Panel Impressions (SWCO 2017)
Forces of Destiny Brings Women of Star Wars to Focus in 2D Animated Form (SWCO 2017)
Rey and the F Word (by Trinity)